Friday, June 17, 2011

While I've been away.....

I figured I'd share a few photos of what I've been up to the last few months, while I work on new content. As most of you know I've been working closely with Mitali Dave and several publishing houses to put together the Teen Author Carnival! The event turned out great--considering a year of planning were changed last minute to fit a new building. Next year everything should be back to normal though (with tables & air conditioning too!) ;)

Here's a snapshot of a few authors at the event, I swiped the photo from Courtney Allison Moulton!


And can we just take a moment to talk about the MASSIVE amount of people that showed up this year? We were blown away! 

Below's a photo from FLUX, this is just ONE ROOM of our event!!


When I wasn't busy with BEA or TAC I was busy enjoying New York and New Jersey with some of my closest friends! I think that's the most important thing about BEA--you should go to CONNECT and talk books. If you talk about how chaotic BEA is all of the time, you're clearly doing something wrong. It means so much more than just BOOKS! :D






That's the main excuse for being away--planning an event like TAC and trying to have a social life is something that causes a challenge at times. However I balanced out TAC, living my life and traveling pretty well. I wouldn't give it up for anything--even if I abandon the blog for spurts at a time know I'm always working on something BIGGER and BETTER. :) 

On a side and final note, last week a few friends and I went to the zoo to see the three week old baby elephant, he's pretty adorable--He's still unnamed. I'm calling him Magnus. ;)


XO
Devyn

No comments: